ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Clarifying Draft Rec for "Incitement" (for Summary of Issues/Recommendations)

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Clarifying Draft Rec for "Incitement" (for Summary of Issues/Recommendations)
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:22:22 -0700

Chuck,

I think you raised a really important point below,  so I'd like to reemphasize
it.    We're dealing with highly subjective issues across all the threads
examined by this Group.  Given that, I don't think its necessary or even
desirable to come up with one solution for every issue.    We're giving
guidance to the Board and the community.  I think it's a reasonable path for us
to identify, analyze and present a range of options for each issue.

Take the 'Title of this Objection' discussion (just as an example).  I think we
agree that 'Morality and Public Order' should be replaced,  but in terms of a
solution I think its quite acceptable for us to identify various possible
alternatives,  with a brief assessment of each.

In areas where we don't see a clear solution I'd rather that we provide a range
of alternatives along with views on the pros and cons of each.

RT