ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Board chooses to duck responsibility?

  • To: "Sivasubramanian M" <isolatedn@xxxxxxxxx>, "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Board chooses to duck responsibility?
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:24:20 -0400

I understand the concerns being expressed because the language is vague
and it definitely leaves a lot in the implementation team's purview, but
I do not personally believe that the recommendations that were made are
inconsistent with the general approaches and procedures currently in
AGv4.  I still maintain some hope that when they are examined carefully,
it will be determined that they can be implemented without significant
changes in direction.  The Rec6 CWG purpose from the beginning was not
to change the intent of Recommendation 6 but rather to improve the
implementation of Rec6 and I believe the recommendations made
accomplished that purpose in a constructive way.

Chuck