Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Matt Simons
Date/Time: Thu, November 2, 2000 at 3:44 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: reply to Julie

Looking at this thread evolve it is clear to me that there seem to be some strong support for the .tv consortium. I went to the site and studied their pricing. I was trying to understand what leads Julie to take such a strong stand against the company.

Its clear to me that the pricing is very ethical and innovative. If anything .tv has shown an ability to break out of the cast and revisit the domain market. If Julie went to the side looking for Julie-notimpressedwithdotTV.tv  then she will be able to buy that no problem . but if she goes there looking to buy Business.tv in order to resell it in the secondary market then she will find herself unable to do that. Being that Tuvalu is a majoy share holder in the .tv domain I feel there is nothing wrong with collecting the fair market valuefor these domains.

Also I feel that ICANN will almost certainly specify within reasonable parameters how they want to see these new gTLDs sold. So all discussions on how anyone can run away with 2nd level domains and keep it for themselves seem pretty unrealistic to me.

I say let the best man for the job win. Let the internet public enjoy lower prices and greater availability of names.       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy