ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Selecting Our Successors

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Selecting Our Successors
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:38:30 +0100

Vittorio, we all want to do more outreach and find a good and useful way to set up RALOs.

You and some others made a first proposal what a possible RALO structure could look like. This is very useful and gives us a good starting basis to discuss the best structure and a very fruitful and concrete discussion just started.

The arbitrary action of setting a deadline of three weeks to give comments to the EU-RALO structure proposal is not ok and has neither been discussed within the group of three european ALAC members nor within ALAC as a whole. The process what happens to the comments made in even this short period of time is unclear.

Up to now, the way these comments get answered is very eclectic.
Bret made a totally different proposal how to put up a RALO and I think it is worth discussing it. I made several proposals and asked several questions which were not answered at all. On the IG-list people discussed the proposal and some comments, people put a lot of thought in, were not answered.

Within european organisations, I would like to post these proposals and discuss it, but it does not make sense, if we do not have the time for it.

So, all I am asking for is to open the discussion and have a clear process.

We all want to make things going. Let us do it together.

Annette