ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Selecting Our Successors

  • To: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Selecting Our Successors
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:22:22 +0100

Il giorno lun, 30/01/2006 alle 16.38 +0100, Annette Muehlberg ha
scritto:
> Within european organisations, I would like to post these proposals and
> discuss it, but it does not make sense, if we do not have the time for it.

There still are two weeks. Why don't you simply add your comments to the
online forum? If you want to discuss with the European ALSes, why don't
you just write to them? We may defer the deadline if we see that the
discussion on the forum is still going on, but I don't understand how
you can complain about the lack of time to discuss, if you don't start
the actual discussion.

> So, all I am asking for is to open the discussion and have a clear
process.

The discussion is open. The process is clearly stated here:
http://www.isoc.be/euralo/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5
The feedback I'm getting from some of these organizations is that they
reviewed the draft and they're more or less fine with it, so "please go
ahead". If you can convince them to change their mind, we can change our
plans, but please remember that, according to the ICANN Bylaws, the
accredited ALSes are the constituents of the new organization. So it is
up to them (and us) to decide what to do, not to people on this or that
mailing list.