ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[eoi-new-gtlds]

EOI

  • To: "eoi-new-gtlds@xxxxxxxxx" <eoi-new-gtlds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: EOI
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:28:59 +0000

I've been following the new TLD process for the last couple of years and I am
often amused and bemused by some of the claims that people are making.

If ICANN were to adopt the concept of EOI then both ICANN, its staff and the
wider community would have a better idea of what actual issues needed to be
dealt with, instead of all these wild claims and worst case scenarios that
aren't based on anything more than people's wild imaginations running riot

ICANN made very public commitments to moving forward with new TLDs and the
endless delays do not paint a positive picture for anyone in the industry

The EOI concept is not perfect, but anything that would help move past this
impasse should be welcomed

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
http://www.blacknight.com/
http://blog.blacknight.com/
http://mneylon.tel
Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072
US: 213-233-1612
UK: 0844 484 9361
Locall: 1850 929 929
Fax. +353 (0) 1 4811 763
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business
Park,Sleaty