ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] 1st draft - Advice Letter Submission Supplement

  • To: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] 1st draft - Advice Letter Submission Supplement
  • From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:46:50 +0200

Dear Steve,

On 31/07/2012 22:06, Steve DelBianco wrote:
> Thanks for this draft, Berry.
>
> I recommend we re-phrase 3rd sentence, from this:
>
>     If adopted by the future Affirmation review team, this advice
>     could be critical to measuring the success of the new gTLD program
>

> To this:
>
>     If adopted by the Board, these metrics could be valuable to the
>     future Affirmation review team charged with evaluating the gTLD
>     expansion program.

Happy with the amendment.

> I also have a question about the timeline chart:  why do we show the
> Affirmation Review Team starting its review at the same time that new
> delegations begin?    I understand that the dashed line implies that
> we'll probably start nominating reviewers several months before the
> Review begins.    But the AoC says, "If and when new gTLDs have been
> in operation for one year," so we ought to stick with that.

If staff already starts recording metrics before the Affirmation Review
Team starts its review, I agree that there does not appear to be a need
for the Review Team to start its review at the same time new delegations
begin. I can't remember what got us to think about this timeline -- but
might have erroneously been we thought the Review Team would direct the
recording of metrics?

Kind regards,

Olivier

--