ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] RE: PS

  • To: "'Don Blumenthal'" <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] RE: PS
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 00:59:39 +0000

Don, I would like to propose one such question, which I first posed about two
months ago ( see
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg/msg00049.html ).  It
involves the PIR Appendix U report on the transition from thin to thick Whois
in .org.

Part 3 of the report (page 30) consists of a table on "Centralized Whois
Complaints," and indicates that few such complaints were received during 2003
(the period during which the transition to thick Whois for .org took place).
According to the table, only six of such complaints received by PIR during the
year were "relating to privacy issues."  Is any detail available on these
complaints, or do the experts have any recollections regarding them?
Furthermore, this part of the report (and see also
http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/registries/org/registry-agmt-appu-23oct02-en.htm
 ,
 which specifies what this report is to contain) was apparently supposed to be
submitted annually ("no later than one month after each anniversary date after
the Commencement-of-Service date").  I have not been able to locate on the
ICANN site any such reports submitted later than June 2004.  Does anyone know
if this was done and if so where the reports can be found?     (I understand
that Appendix U was eliminated in the revised .org registry agreement that went
into force in 2006, so this question targets the 2004-06 period.)

Sorry to have missed today's call but it was unavoidable.

Steve Metalitz