ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: [gnso-idng] IDNG WG Motion Draft2

  • To: <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idng] IDNG WG Motion Draft2
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:41:52 -0400

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was not referring to "policy" as in the P in PDP. I meant it in reference to the overall policies under which ICANN manages (or doesn't) ccTLDs. And that includes the fees that they may pay, and the contracts/MOUs they may have (or not have).

Alan

At 17/06/2009 08:21 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
Excellent discussion. I don't think that anyone is talking about 'adjusting ICANN ccTLD policy' but rather suggesting that ccTLD players need to bear their share of support for ICANN support. There is no ICANN ccTLD policy that gives ccTLDs greater priority of introducing IDN TLDs over IDN gTLDs, although I know there are some who think there should be. And to the extent that efforts there are efforts to create such a policy, then it would be incumbent on the GNSO to speak up because that would have a direct impact on GNSO stakeholders.

There will be ccTLD policies that impact the GNSO and vice versa. In those cases it essential that both SO's provide input into the policy development process.

Chuck