ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: [gnso-idng] Re: Process forward [RE: [] restarting discussions on IDN gTLD]

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idng] Re: Process forward [RE: [] restarting discussions on IDN gTLD]
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:23:54 -0500

I personally don't think we know for sure what the impacts of the
root-scaling study will be.  In my opinion, the DNSSEC first
recommendation is essentially a non-issue because the root will be
signed by July 2010 and there weren't any chances of new gTlDs before
then anyway.  The bigger question is the rate at which new gTLDs can
safely be added.  That's probably going to be a challenge because it is
mostly about various peoples' opinions.

Chuck