ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] reporting back to the council

  • To: Edmon Chung <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] reporting back to the council
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 07:35:37 -0400

Edmon,

We did not reach consensus that the Council's prior position the
timing of ccTLD IDNs and gTLD IDNs ment that even one gTLD IDN should
be considered before all new gTLDs should be considered.

I think it is reasonable to inform the Council that its prior position
can't be unambiguously interpreted by the members of the drafting
team. They may choose to clarify.

We did not reach consensus on what examples to place within a report
to the Council.

I think it is reasonable to inform the Council that work stopped over
choice of example.

We also came to an unexpected halt in mid-December, with nothing of
substance subsequent.

That is, I think it prudent to go public that there were process
issues which appear to have had some influence on the abilities of the
drafting team to draft what you are attempting to draft as a report of
limited progress.

Eric