ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] reporting back to the council

  • To: gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] reporting back to the council
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:08:10 -0400

Hi,

Please show exactly in the report and in the DAG were it says what you think it
says.  Certainly various issues are discussed, but there is no statement of a
council decision for confusing similarity to be more the visual.  I cannot
recall or find such a decision.  I have gone looking and do not find it.  Yet,
you keep repeating this as if repeating will make is so without showing exactly
where this is proven to be the case.

As for my minority statement, i merely mention a concern that people might
start doing what you are attempting to do. As I say,  I do not find proof for
your position in the GNSO recommendations.  ANd I do not think that an
anticipated concern that something might be taken the wrong way can serve as
proof of a decision to do it that way.

a.