ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Change to OSC-CSG 10 April Draft Meeting Notes

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Change to OSC-CSG 10 April Draft Meeting Notes
  • From: "Victoria McEvedy" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:40:00 +0100

Thanks Chuck -that was as helpful --as ever.

This issue causes me some concern. Realistically, existing
constituencies are likely to support the status quo or as close a
recreation of that as possible -and this was very evident in the
questionnaire put to the leaders; Constituency Survey Report -
http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/gnso-constituency-survey-report-28
jan09-en.pdf
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/gnso-constituency-survey-report-2
8jan09-en.pdf>

To what extent is our work to be dictated/determined by the very
constituencies we seek to reform? I think there must be a conflict here.

I can see that the Commercial SG have put forward a transitional charter
so presumably the final/non-transitional one for example will have to
take on any of our recommendations approved by the GNSO Council/ BGC?

Sorry to be raising more questions.

Best,

Victoria McEvedy

Solicitor and Attorney at Law

McEvedy & Associates

Solicitors & Attorneys

96 Westbourne Park Road

London

W2 5PL

T:    +44 (0) 207 243 6122

F:    +44 (0) 207 022 1721

M:   +44 (0) 7824 442 600

M:   +44 (0) 7990 625 169

www.mcevedy.eu

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s).  This email and its attachments may
also be legally privileged. If you have received this in error, please
let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its
attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.

This email does not create a solicitor-client relationship and no
retainer is created by this email communication.