ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010 Meeting

  • To: Claudio Di Gangi <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 26 March 2010 Meeting
  • From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:35:58 +0900

Hi Claudio,

I am confused about your suggestion as the limit will be meaningless if it
is not applied to executive committee.
if there is fears about volunteering, that issue is more linked to
representativeness level of Group.
 "but I would not extend the term limit to policy and executive committees.
This is consistent with the BGC recommendation which we are tasked with
implementing, which states: “"There should be term limits for constituency
officers, so as to help attract new members and provide everyone with the
chance to participate in leadership positions."
 and after the effort done for II.8 I am not in favor of deletion.
Regards

Rafik