ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Mikey's wish lists

  • To: "'Alan Greenberg'" <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Mikey's wish lists
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:48:49 -0800

I do not think a white list is a terrible idea, I just do not think it will be
effective. As you say it will allow a prudent registrant to take precautions,
and I do not think the concern here is for prudent registrants.

As for the expiration date in the whois, once the registry auto-renews, than
the new expiration date is one year out. Does not matter if the RAE has paid
the registrar yet. I cannot see any system where the whois would reflect if the
RAE had paid for the renewal or not.