ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Mikey's wish lists

  • To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Mikey's wish lists
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 17:03:06 -0500

At 08/02/2010 04:48 PM, Jeff Eckhaus wrote:

As for the expiration date in the whois, once the registry auto-renews, than the new expiration date is one year out. Does not matter if the RAE has paid the registrar yet. I cannot see any system where the whois would reflect if the RAE had paid for the renewal or not.

Jeff, There is no such system now. What is being suggested is that we make a change to have a separate whois field that DOES *clearly* reflect whether the RAE has paid for the addition year (or more), or if the domain is still in a state where it has expired but there is still an opportunity to renew.

Alan