ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Updated Recommendations list

  • To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Updated Recommendations list
  • From: Michael Young <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:49:40 -0500

On the issue of putting 17 into 15 I realize it does limit the action to the 8
day period. I suggested this as a healthy compromise in that it provides good
consumer protection while constraining disruption to existing business
practices to that 8 day period. Recommendation 17 is fairly useless without
balancing it against 15. For example, what's the point of directing to a
informational website on renewing processes, on day 20 of the autorenew grace
period , if the 8 day period was completed earlier and the name no longer is
renewable by the RAE? This combination I think works better and is good middle
ground.

However that's just my two cents, it's really up to all of you.

Michael Young
Afilias
D:416-673-4109
M:647-289-1220