ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-dt]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] For your review - Updated Charter & Doodle poll

  • To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] For your review - Updated Charter & Doodle poll
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:44:56 -0700

Marika,

Page 1, Sectio II, Key assumptions third bulleted phrase:

The word choice is unnecessarily binary, suggesting there is only one
policy (possibly true) and only one implementation (unlikely to be
true). I suggest that the word choice should reflect a spectrum of
difference(s).

Page 2, first blocked section, 4th numbered item:

The word choice is unnecessarily achronological, a "policy" at some
point in time may be an "implementation choice" at a prior point in
time, e.g., the flow from "some new gTLDs" to "7-10 new gtlds" to
"7-10 sponsored and open new gtlds" to "contract and delegation for
{aero,biz,coop,info,museum,name,pro}" to "registrar exceptions for
{aero,coop,museum}". I suggest that the word choice should reflect the
role of time in the framing of whether something is "policy" or
"implementation".

Eric