ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-dt]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] For final review - proposed WG Charter

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] For final review - proposed WG Charter
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 17:24:52 -0700

> I think the most widely accepted definition of gTLD is generic top level name
> in contrast to ccTLD.  In that definition sTLDs are a subset of gTLDs.  That
> is certainly the way we define it in the RySG.

Just so long as we (a) know what "g" means, and (b) know that whatever
registry and contract specific policy or implementation is associated
with a {sponsor|community} that it is not subordinate to policy or
implementation that applies to registries and contracts lacking
{sponsor|community} sources of ongoing, or pre-delegation policies and
implementations.

The point isn't to find a back door to invalidate policy that isn't
problematic in the pursuit of means prevent what is problematic.

Eric