ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] For your review - updated Criteria & Framework charts for Deliverable II-III

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] For your review - updated Criteria & Framework charts for Deliverable II-III
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 22:10:48 +0000

Dear WG members,

Please find attached two follow-up documents based on discussions during the
last WG call on Wednesday 27 August. They each contain tables that
color-code the WG¹s deliberations on the sub-questions originally posed
under Question A (first attachment) and Question B (second attachment), as
³Criteria², ³Framework², ³Both² or ³Neither² (with the different colors
indicated accordingly).

The idea is that separating Question A and Question B ­ but having both
compiled in the same format ­ will assist the WG in reviewing the responses,
especially when at the end of this exercise we try to determine whether what
we have classified as ³Framework² is sufficient for the Charter task on this
topic such that we can proceed to do the same with ³Criteria², or if there
are additional gaps for which further discussion will be required.

Following WG deliberations on these two documents, we will revert to the
³overall² Deliverable II-III table, to discuss Questions C and D (for which
there are no equivalent prior WG deliberations carried over from Deliverable
I).

For your convenient review, here are the two Charter tasks that are to be
considered in this Deliverable II-III:
* "A framework for implementation related discussions associated with GNSO
Policy Recommendations;" and
* "Criteria to be used to determine when   an action should be addressed by
a policy process and when it should be considered implementation."

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director