ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Tuesday's PDP Call

• To: Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Tuesday's PDP Call
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:34:31 -0400

Liz (or anyone), if the problem is that you are using an older version of Microsoft Office, try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100444731033.aspx. This compatibility pack is supposed to work with versions back to Office 2000 (and definitely does with my Office XP/2002).

Alan

At 14/04/2009 08:01 AM, Liz Williams wrote:
Jeff

I can't read the docx format documents. Could you either post them on a wiki or send them in word format?

I also wanted to echo my support for Mike's post last week and reiterate that it is only worth doing work that will be adopted over the longer term and certainly not wasting any time on any interim PDP proposals. That is a recipe for ensuring no policy development work actually ever gets done that is within the "picket fence" and which relates to either registrar or registry contracts.

I suggest that we focus on three main tasks.

1. Amendments to the GNSO Rules of Procedure (Article X) -- very straightforward to do a line by line amendment of an existing document taking into account the mammoth amount of discussion that has taken place through the GNSO improvement process

2.  A glossary of special terms -- see Bertrand's previous post

3. A set of timelines -- that ensure this group gets 1 & 2 done above pre Sydney and our expectations for implementation.

Liz
On 14 Apr 2009, at 04:27, Neuman, Jeff wrote:

All,

I will note that to date we have not received any responses or comments on Topic A identified in the Work Plan. A reminder that our call is in on Tuesday and we will go through the questions for Topic A. We are trying a new format. At the end of the call we will take volunteers to take the notes from the call (which I will ask ICANN staff to take) and start putting pen to paper to come up with suggestions.

Enclosed please find a chart I did on Topic A and how it would relate to the current PDP. You will note that most of the issues brought up are NOT addressed by the current PDP.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.: NeuStar, Inc.
Vice President, Law & Policy

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.

From: owner-gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx [<mailto:owner-gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>mailto:owner-gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Margie Milam
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 7:39 PM
To: <mailto:Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Glen de Saint Géry
Subject: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Action Items from Today's PDP Call

Dear All,

The following action items came out of our PDP Team call today:

1. Please respond to the Doodle to be sent out by Glen to schedule the next call

2. Please review the Staff PDP Background Document posted on the Wiki for ideas/comments for the Work Plan

3. Please review and email suggestions/comments on Topic A of the Work Plan by Friday April 10th, since we will begin the analysis of Topic A on the next call

4. Please review and comment on Bertrand?s suggested terminology so that we can define and use consistent terms

5. I will try to schedule a call with the chairs of the other GNSO Improvements work teams to avoid duplication of issues among the respective groups

The Wiki link is:

<https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?pdp_team>https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?pdp_team

Best Regards,

Margie Milam

Senior Policy Counselor

<Topic A - Current PDP.docx>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy