ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

Re: [gnso-raa-b] RE: RAA: topics in category #9: RAA termination

  • To: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-raa-b] RE: RAA: topics in category #9: RAA termination
  • From: Holly Raiche <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 18:21:54 +1100

Hi Steve
Just a suggestion, but isn't this also part of the compliance discussion - i.e., what happens after registrar non compliance?

On 31/12/2009, at 8:14 AM, Metalitz, Steven wrote:

_
RAA subteam B participants:

As discussed on our most recent call, in order to move our work forward, it was recommended that we launch discussion of some of the remaining categories in the compiled list of RAA amendment topics. (I am using the revised chart, posted earlier today and dated today, December 30.)

According to my notes, we have discussed topics 1-4 in our previous call. On topic 5 -- compliance -- I have, by a message posted earlier today, asked staff to provide their views on our next call on Tuesday, Jan. 5. I have just posted messages regarding topics 6, 7 and 8.

Here are some views put forward to get the discussion started on topic #9, recognizing that our role at this stage is primarily to organize and prioritize the topics proposed, rather than to delve too deeply into the details of the proposals made. (This does not preclude us from deciding, if we can, that one or another topic is simply out of scope or not appropriate for consideration with regard to RAA amendments.)

Re:  Topics in category #9
Most of the items in this category deal with the circumstances under which ICANN has the right to terminate an agreement with a registrar (9.1 and 9.2) and the procedures for doing so (9.3). All of these, I suggest, should be considered as higher priority items.

Item 9.4 may depend on the status of the Draft Registrar Disqualification Procedure. Can staff provide any insights on this?

Reactions on the list, please?
Steve Metalitz

Kind regards

Holly Raiche