ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q5. In Section 3.1: Geographic distribution SG council members

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q5. In Section 3.1: Geographic distribution SG council members
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 06:12:00 -0400

Chuck:
I agree with the exception clause in the case of the contracting party house
only. The Non-contracting House, which is supposed to be representative of
global users, should have no trouble meeting diversity requirements. I note
with amusement that NCUC will have no trouble meeting the even stronger
diversity requirements required by our proposed NCSG charter, whereas the BC
seems to need an exception - perhaps because it is really not every diverse or
deep or representative. Perhaps we should consider taking some seats away from
them in the Council, if they are unable to meet these simple, basic geographic
diversity requirements.

--MM