Re: [Fwd: Re: [gnso-travel-dt] Travel drafting team mailing list open]
- To: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [gnso-travel-dt] Travel drafting team mailing list open]
- From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 17:31:09 -0400
Ken Stubbs wrote:
Robin Gross wrote:
This has been, and in my mind should continue to be, an effort to
fund the participation of the GNSO Council at GSNO Council meetings.
*I see an inconsistency in your comments above Robin..
*you are not necessarily funding just Council Members : (see below
excerpt from ICANN Revised Travel Support Procedure dated 11 August)
The depth of the pockets of the individual councilors is not relevant.
We are funding the participation of an ICANN organ (GNSO Council) -
not specific people.
* While the calculation of travel support funding is based in part
on the size of each council and its liaisons, *the SO can choose
to support other constituency members based on what will best
serve each SO's policy development work, e.g. working group
members could be supported.*
* In all cases, NomCom appointed members will be provided travel
support, and at the same level as others receiving support
(described in this travel procedure document).
* Levels of travel support for each SO will be determined as follows:
* ICANN will allocate sufficient funds so that the Chair, NomCom
appointees, and half of the remaining counselors will receive
travel support *(again, travel support could be used to support