ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-travel-dt]

Re: [gnso-travel-dt] Re: TRAVEL DRAFTING TEAM COMMENTS NEEDED - Travel funding request from the Vertical Integration WG co-chairs

  • To: gnso-travel-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-travel-dt] Re: TRAVEL DRAFTING TEAM COMMENTS NEEDED - Travel funding request from the Vertical Integration WG co-chairs
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:18:43 -0400

On 25 May 2010, at 09:16, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote:

> But I think the important point here is: can the Council as a whole step in
> and donate a slot in cases such as these, and would that be a fair and
> practical way of dealing with issues such as this one?

Something like:

Every SG will donate N (orN/2 depending on the number of slots available to the
SG) travel slots a year for emergency needs such as getting a WG chair to a
meeting?  And if this is what the team decides I will take it back to the NCSG
with my personal support (yes and including the recommendation that we would do
our fair share)

But who would go first to solve the issue this time?  Obviously sometimes the
person is a member of a particular SG group so hopefully they can do this.  But
sometime she or he won't be.

Otherwise, are there any suggestions on the way to solve this since mine seems
so very shot down.

a.