ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] One Proposal

  • To: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] One Proposal
  • From: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:58:56 -0400

That approach works with me as well.  I'm not looking for a first mover
advantage -- just looking to advance the ball.  I am very open to other
proposals.

We can get into the substance when the group is ready, but the "flaw" that
Antony raised in the .mobi language might be considered a benefit to many.
This might be a situation that calls for some flexibility to deal with known
infirmities in other proposals, and that would minimize unintended
consequences.  With that said, such flexibility must be curbed with objective
standards.  It also provides for a contractual safety net for ICANN and
registry operators that already exists and hasn't been abused in the current
marketplace.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to discussing the various approaches and proposals
at whatever time the group believes is appropriate.

Best,

Jon