ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] The role of the GAC in connection with this WG

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] The role of the GAC in connection with this WG
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:38:45 -0500

Mike

Help me understand exactly what you want.   Is it this:

Same entity is accredited both as registry and registrar for a TLD?  (do you
want them to sign two separate agreements, or do you want the registry and
registrar agreements folded into one?)
Entity can provide names to the public? (so its customers details appear in the
WhoIs?)
Entity pays registry fees ($25K per year minimum plus $0.25 for every name over
50K names)
Entity doesn't pay registrar fees?

RT