ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Composition of Working Group Members

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Composition of Working Group Members
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:50:42 -0700

It is easier if you use the words, "interest of registrants" instead of "public
interest," and in any case the two are very similar if not identical.

ICANN has to act in the public interest, but that's the Board's lookout.   If
we look at what's in the registrant's interest, I think we're focusing where we
should for this Working Group.  What we come up with is not final, the Board
has to give its say-so, and I think we shouldn't duplicate their function.