ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Composition of Working Group Members

  • To: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Composition of Working Group Members
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 16:01:16 -0500

Um, the interests of "registrants" are vested in a contract.  Even in the
most "backward" markets..or countries...the tort law + the
competition provide relief, as necessary.

If we want to make a distinction between registrants and ordinary internet
end users - i.e. those that this 'public interest' argument is intended to
raise from the dead - then the argument must be re-conceptualized.

Carlton Samuels

--
Carlton A Samuels