ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: "livability"

  • To: "<Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: "livability"
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 08:33:59 -0400

On 6/12/10 7:55 AM, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight wrote:

> If .eus or .cym were available then I'd be more than happy to offer them
> (assuming that the rules etc., were viable to support)

I think you should assume happiness here, on the registrar burden.

Where substantial unhappiness exists is that the date you can start
selling those inventories is not identified.

Of course, the absence of a date when the inventories of registries
intending to serve registrants can be sold at a profit by for-profit
registrars should not motivate for-profit registrars who identify
greater return on investment, and delay is an investment, from
registry profit, even if the date of that acquisition of contractual
status is indeterminate.

Eric