ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text

  • To: "'Rosette, Kristina'" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "'Neuman, Jeff'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text
  • From: "Thomas Barrett - EnCirca" <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:35:52 -0400

I think both of your arguments have some merit on this issue.

it appears that there may be a way to compromise.  what if the title of the
section was changed?

Here is my proposed edit:

the section currently reads

"Special Consideration for a Single Registrant, Single User (SRSU)
Exception."
As highlighted above, the VI Working Group discussed several specific
exceptions to prohibitions on vertical integration and cross-ownership.  One
such proposed exception is for single-registrant registries, which were
divided into single-user (SRSU) and multiple-user (SRMU) subcategories.

===
Since it follows the "Exceptions" section, perhaps it would be more
appropriately described as
===

"An example of one proposed exception."
As highlighted above, the VI Working Group discussed several specific
exceptions to prohibitions on vertical integration and cross-ownership.
Although none of these achieved concensus, one proposal has been more
development than others and received a lot of discussion.  This is the
proposed exception is for single-registrant registries, which were divided
into single-user (SRSU) and multiple-user (SRMU) subcategories. "

regards,
tom barrett
encirca

  _____