ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:46:52 +0200

The failure to reach consensus, may not be a failure to some, but whatever the board will come up with will make it become a failure to some. Effectively handing a decision we were tasked with making back to the board for them to find an adequate solution feels like a failure of ICANN decision making processes to me.

Volker
As many of you know, I have long held the view that failure to reach
consensus is not a failure.  It likely means that there may not be
consensus and that is very useful information and an indication that
market forces should be allowed to work.

Chuck