ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:05:53 -0500

Can I tell you I'm disinclined to believe that the GAC has a lock on a
prescriptive solution here?

The fundamental thing is that certain assumptions made by the existing VI
orthodoxy are merely modest ruminations, if that.

I will continue to hold that any 'a priori' prescription that aims to
restrict the domain name market to a specific business model on the basis of
perceived harm is wrong-headed.

Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799
Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround