ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-study]

[gnso-whois-study] documents for tomorrow's call

  • To: "gnso-whois-study@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-whois-study@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-whois-study] documents for tomorrow's call
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 18:06:42 -0700

All,

Attached please find three draft documents for your review, as follows:

1.       Updated tally sheet of participant/constituency views

2.       Draft updated list of study submissions that includes the GAC
proposals under the designated category.  Please consider also a new "category
8" which includes several GAC recommendations that do not map to any study
previously recommended.

3.       DRAFT placeholder "report" to the GNSO Council with gaps where group
viewpoints can be inserted.  Feel free to suggest edits to the background text
I've drafted.

To-date I have not seen any draft language for the 2 viewpoints shared on the
full list.  Note that on our last call we agreed that representatives of the
(2) differing viewpoints would draft initial language setting forth the two
points of view and supporting rationale.  The group that is supporting further
studies would also try to develop a proposal for certain studies, and
supporting rationale, that all study proponents might endorse.  This would form
the basis for text in the attached report, sections 2 and 3.

Let's discuss all on tomorrow's call, including how we can expedite completion
by 22 May.  BTW I'm still pursuing follow-up on the request about IRIS and
CRISP.  I hope to have some feedback ASAP.

Thanks, Liz