ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] PDP Dec 05: Follow-up to 23 June

  • To: <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] PDP Dec 05: Follow-up to 23 June
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:49:03 -0700

I disagree with the limitation to 'the jurisdiction in which the
applicant is incorporated' as that will encourage location in countries
with lax laws, and flies in the face of other countries' laws on
personal jurisdiction over companies that inflict harm in those
countries.

Mike Rodenbaugh
Sr. Legal Director
Yahoo! Inc.