ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Revised draft Charter Terms of Reference for your review

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Revised draft Charter Terms of Reference for your review
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:45:34 +0200

No, I do not support Avri's change. Once again, I think one of the major
problems facing the ICANN community at present is our tendency to embark on any
task with the tacit assumption that timelines do not need to be adhered to.

However, I recognize that there seems to be overall support for the ToR as it
stands now, i.e. with the edits suggested by myself and Avri's suggestion
following on from that.

In the interest of getting on with the actual work, which several people have
suggested we need to do and I wholeheartedly agree on, I think it would be
wrong of me to continue to labour this point and not to compromise.

Therefore I suggest we consider this ToR our final version and get on with it.

Thanks,

Stéphane