ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [GAC] [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations

  • To: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [GAC] [soac-mapo] Please participate - Poll on updated recommendations
  • From: Bertrand de La Chapelle <bdelachapelle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:07:29 +0200

I agree with Jon that there should not be a reopening of ALL of the
community objection procedure.

The explicit mention of DAG v4 is only useful for the report
recommendation. I was trying to formulate a sentence that could be
inserted directly in a revised version of the AGB. In that case, the
formulation would only mention "the Community objection procedure".

The only point that could deserve some exploration is whether there is
any small addition to the Community Objection procedure that could
help cover more fully the GAC request regarding "sensitivities". If
not or if no agreement, then fine. In any case, this should not be a
priority for this group. Finalizing the other points is the priority.

B.

--
Bertrand de La Chapelle

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de
Saint Exupéry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")