ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] continuity of operations funding requirement

  • To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] continuity of operations funding requirement
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:37:56 -0400

Richard,

I only searched draft-rfp-clean-28may10-en.pdf for "continuity" and "instrument", so I missed the "letter of credit" in Q50.

You are correct, that the first of the two forms the LOC may take, an irrevocable standby letter of credit (LOC), is in dollar denominated. The second of the two forms the LOC may take, a deposit into an irrevocable cash escrow account, does not specify the currency.

Eric