ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] My comments on the draft final report

  • To: Andrew Mack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] My comments on the draft final report
  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:48:36 +0300

Hi,

I get what Andrew and Eric are saying and I agree.  Bundled pricing
makes sense to me, and I think we should include this in our
recommendations, even if we may need to finalize some of the details
later.

The way I see it this is effectively a "digital divide" issue - since
anything we can do to get more scripts in the root from smaller
languages at least helps them keep pace and thus fits our mandate.

Alex