ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] GAC Communique on JAS

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] GAC Communique on JAS
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:02:52 -0500

On 15 Dec 2010, at 15:00, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> Now obviously, no Tribal Government located in North America is going to meet
> the Board's example, which we've adopted, that of being an applicant from a
> least or lessor developed economy,

I am not sure that is obvious.  though of course it will have to wait until the
actual conditions of need are met.

One of my understandings, personally, was that in using developing economies
instead of developing countries, we were not automatically excluding Tribal
applications - though of course we would be excluding those by the governments
themselves.

> Therefore there is an "errata fix" to recommend to DAGv5 which is addressed
> in part by the comments of Amadeu (copied), Avri (wg contributor) and others.

Note that submitted that as an individual and not as a member of this group.
The fact that I am a member of this group is coincidental and not causal.

a.