ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Milestone report update

  • To: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>, SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Milestone report update
  • From: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:22:06 -0400

Dear Rafik and JAS members,

While it is important for us to move forward with our work, I must agree
with Tijani.

We must find a way to dove-tail the work of the GAC's Developing Country WG
with ours, not just to solidify their support of our WG, but also to ensure
that we are able to provide the community with a consistent process (for all
Needy applications) and there is no duplication of effort. This is something
that I believe the community is asking for; and specifically requesting from
this Working Group.

Further, I do not see that it would take too much effort outside of our
existing criteria to add a section relating directly to Developing
Countries. I think that Tijani's proposal is good and would like some brief
discussion on it,  as well as my proposal for reduction of funding, included
on Friday's call.

I recognise that time may be tight for Friday's call as we have alot to
discuss. Maybe it would be useful that an agenda be done for this call and
made available so that we can prepare and focus our minds on the issues to
be discussed prior to the call?

Kind regards

Cintra