ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Additional Criteria "Indigenous Peoples"

  • To: Mike Silber <silber.mike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Additional Criteria "Indigenous Peoples"
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:04:59 -0700

I agree that the intended use of string should be a very important component in
deciding who receives a funds
grant.

I also agree that the identity of the applicant is less important than the
mission of the planned TLD --- however in order to satisfy
current GAC Advice I think another criteria needs to be whether the grant
recipient is from a developing country
(and financially unable to operate the registry without the grant funds).

Richard