ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] The GAC weighs in on MR2

  • To: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] The GAC weighs in on MR2
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 15:10:54 -0400

Hi Rafik,

I agree that we should give Karla a more detailed request. Obviously generic
questions will be met with generic responses.

I would like to start a brief discussion on what we will need from ICANN
staff in order to move ahead. Personally, I think that amongst the specific
details that we need is a detailed breakdown of the $185K. Such a detail
breakdown must indicate how much of the $185K is allocated to:

- cover the actual (ie, real time) cost to process the application
- apply various tests and controls (ie contention) that may not be
appropriate to JAS-qualified applications
- repay costs of historic policy work
- replenish the reserve fund for costs incurred by previous applications
(ie, .XXX)
- mitigate risk of lawsuits
- fund any other relevant cost category (i'm quite sure I don't have them
all here)

I would also like to obtain a fairly comprehensive set of the assumptions
and formulas that have been made in order to deduce the current scheme.

I'm sure (and I hope) that others can contribute to build a specific
request, one that (if answered truthfully and completely) will result in
information that can better guide our ability to derive a suitable and
 justifiable amount for a reduced price.

- Evan

--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada