ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] The GAC weighs in on MR2

  • To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>, Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>, "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] The GAC weighs in on MR2
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:04:10 -0400

ICANN has already gone on record as saying that the cost overrun over the last 2(?) years will be covered by extending the return-to-reserve-development-cost repayment to future rounds.

My *personal* feeling is that as long as they cover the JAS support needs, I really don't care if the cost goes up for regular applicants. But I really don't expect that to happen.

Alan