ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] The GAC weighs in on MR2

  • To: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>, "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] The GAC weighs in on MR2
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 10:57:52 -0700

Understood.  I'm suggesting that when the previously used data and assumptions
are revealed it may become apparent that some are outdated.

For example, the Risk component of the fee is based on assumptions about
possible failure (and required rework) in any of the AG processes.    When the
cost analysis was done there were about 90 discrete AG processes.  Now there
are about 120.

My main point in raising this is encourage everyone to understand the
relationship between AG content and cost.   The more 'things' get loaded into
the AG the more the process costs.

I'm not including JAS requirements in that -- as JAS is something that must get
worked out.   I'm talking about the other new things that various parties want
inserted in the AG.   The more of these are included in the AG,  the more
likely the $185K baseline will go up.

RT