ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Consistency - and Clarification - of Terminology for Final Report

  • To: SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx, Ntfy-soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Consistency - and Clarification - of Terminology for Final Report
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:12:12 -0500

Dear All:
The preparation for the Final Report is in gear and so we create a product
that easily communicate the objectives of this initiative,  Staff is
monitoring terms in the Report for consistency in usage.

The following questions are for your advice and consent:

-  Name of the program being proposed. Is it *Support Development Program
Evaluation Process*?

-  Name of the foundation that is to hold the $2M or other donation

-  Name for the applicant asking for support. Do we still want to call it
applicant? Is this confusing with the New gTLD Program? We could consider
alternatives, such as, New gTLD program Support Candidates or something to
that effect.

-  In-kind services – have we agreed on this term for any non-financial
support offered?

-  Developing economies – we still use, countries, nations, etc….

-  Support Eligibility criteria – how about this instead of 'qualification
criteria'?

- Support and relief – will we use these terms in combination? Should add to
glossary.

-  Support Application Review Panel (SARP) – is this final?

We will have a 5-minute period allotted on the call tomorrow for your final
advice and consent.

Best,

Carlton Samuels & Rafik Danmark

Carlton A Samuels