ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Draft matrix

  • To: "Jay Daley" <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steve Sheng" <steve.sheng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Draft matrix
  • From: "YAO Jiankang" <yaojk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:01:54 +0800

I agree with Jay about his first point.

models 1 and 2 are possible to be used. model 3 are not reasonable.

model 3 may use translation service of many languages provided by Registrar.
The service fee for translation in many countries are very expensive, sometimes
higer than the price of the domain name.
Of course, the registrar is unwilling to cover this cost.

about the reason of not pushing the problem to registries,
my understanding is that the whois data or domain data collected from registrar
will directly go into the central database of the registry.
In logic or practical, it is not reasonable to modify or update the data
directly by registry.
pushing the problem to the registry is kind of enforcement that registry has to
modify or update the domain data directly.

Jiankang Yao