Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Greg Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, July 1, 2000 at 6:03 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: That is Your Opinion

In America...someone that has worked hard to create a viable entity should reap whatever rewards are due...I am pretty much sickened to hear comments that what someone has done in the past (in this case IOD building a .web registry from scratch) should not at least be in the running to be a .web registry (if selected).  As far as your assumptions that IOD took it's client's to the cleaners your again falsely mistaken...At least somewhere in the world a .web can be read, just has to be configured a different way, so when I purchased my dot web I was not really pre-registering anything in the A root server, rather than the alternate.....If IOD is selected and I would gladly invite anyone to make a agrument (intelligent) otherwise, then those that in a sense "voted" for .web to go Live, should then also have the right to their name....This notion that hard work, and building a brand (IOD---.web) overtime does not even deserve the slightest review...well...I would think then, the process is more about money and politics (I am not naive either, as this is the game) however all that I am asking ICANN is to take note of the IOD allegiance and what it represents (cultures, countries, etc) a broad cross section of our global make-up...do not discount them...Anyways...CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO WHY WE ARE HERE>>>New domains are possibly on the way...what suggestions do you have for their implementations...believe it or not your idea may have relevance....What should ICANN look for in a registry???  Let's give them all the help we can before Yokahoma!!!....

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy