Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: WorldThoughts
Date/Time: Mon, July 3, 2000 at 12:26 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Reply

<<< Of course there will be a big rush to register new domains if the databases were void of preregistrations on Day 1. However, each and every individual will have been given EQUAL opportunity to obtain their desired domain(s).  >>>>>>>

You see, this is where you and I differ. I think the equal opportunity was given. Registrations were already open and unrestricted. You want to ignore this little fact and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. What would make you happy? An invitation to everyone in the world mailed to their door?

<<<< As I look through this discussion forum, it is apparent that anybody who even questions IOD and/or preregistrations gets blasted by IOD stakeholders.  >>

No, we're just tired of being told that we don't have a right to something that was implicit in the agreement between IANA and IOD: that if IOD is approved, we are valid registrants.

Have someone try to throw you out of the house even though you bought it in a legitimate process, under authorization, in an open and unrestricted market....and perhaps you'd understand.

You are not being fair by demanding we be ditched after having been a part of an authorized process.

<<<<< Let's see the supporters of ANY preregistrations (whether they be IOD, CORE, or Namespace) give their reasons why keeping preregistrations is good for the general Internet population (the majority of people - the people who aren't participating in this forum). Yes, this means people besides yourselves.  >>

Look, everyone who has a job is keeping that job from the rest of the people in the world.

Everyone who lives in a house is, inherently, preventing others from living there.

You are talking abrstractions, and I resent your statement that I am not conscientious of other human beings simply because I claim a right to what I paid for. (Should IOD be approved.)

If we take your abstraction further (that the current registrations aren't doing any good for the rest of the Internet population), then that same ludicrous position can be applied to any domain holder currently in possession of a nice .com. WHAT GOOD is eCompanies' ownership of Business.com doing for the rest of the world? You have some domains yourself. What good does YOUR claim do for us?

Take that same abstraction--a pretense of Global Conscientiousness--and apply it to ALL cases of domain ownership ALREADY in place.

Damn it, leave your home, I am coming over with the rest of the world to live in it. I am sure that since you are interested in the world at large and understnad that your presence in that building oppresses our rights, that you won't have a complaint.

I have grown weary of this discussion, but don't expect me to back down in the face of your continued illogic.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy