Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Crash999
Date/Time: Tue, July 4, 2000 at 3:04 AM GMT (Tue, July 4, 2000 at 10:04 AM WAST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Disagree

Though the system may have been open for several years as you said, a vast majority of people don't know about it.

Imagine if when the Oklahoma land rush began people found that most of the good places were already taken by settlers, some having lived there for years. When asked, the settlers shrugged and said, 'if you had read the government release form rtf-3420 you would have known that you could have preregistered'. By sheer coincidence, these same people were government workers and/or people with intimate knowledge of prodecural undertakings.

Sure, a majority of folks in this forum approve of preregistration, but that's because they've got a vested interest. This is actually a worrying aspect of ICANN- how can it be taken seriously as a forum for decision making when a vast majority of members have a vested interest in one side of an outcome?

For your interest, and before the flames start, no I do not develop websites for a living, nor am I interested in a site that has already been preregistered. I'm just tired of reading the one-sidedness that seems pervasive in this forum.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy